MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, JULY 9TH, 2014
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, July 9th, 2014. Mayor Jerry Tatro called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Jerry Tatro, Trygve Karl, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Emery & Brian Hitchcock.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
Consent Agenda: Approved
Motion made by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to approve the consent agenda.
City Hall – Sebrina Hegg
- Bill Perkel – MNDOT was unable to attend. Information on Striping Broadway by MNDOT was presented to the council. Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to accept MNDOT’s proposal
- Motion by Dan Riggs , seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to add a handicap accessible sidewalk ramp at Paul’s Patio and add a cross walk between Babes Cut N Curl and the Patio per MNDOT’s proposal, Kelly is to go with the lowest quote.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to take no action on removing the No Parking Signs between Headwaters and the Bank.
- Amendment Housing Ordinance #102 Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed to table until August 13th regular meeting.
- Notice of Elections: Open Council Position 3- 4 year term Council Positions 1- Special Election to complete the remaining term expiring 2016 normally 4 year term.
- Contract County Attorney Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to contract with the County Attorney for prosecuting ordinance violations.
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Emery
- Bobbie present to the council with Specs and Finance options for a Fast Attack Truck – Discussed why other option were not presented. Motion by Jerry Tatro, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to deny the purchase of the Fast Attack Truck for EHCFD.
Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Requested to use funds from the sale of forfeit vehicle to purchase Night Vision. Was asked to get quotes and bring back to the council.
- Paul Bunyan Days went well with the exception of having side window kicked out of the squad car.
Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Audrey’s Purple Dream Fund Run July 26th.
Parks – Trygve Karl
- Contract – Discussed how this amendment would not work this contract year. No action was taken
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Water Contract – Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery to accepted the water Contract with Greg Everett with the exception of changing the cancelation clauses at the end from both sections stating Ninety Days (90) to Thirty Days (30).
- Leaks and Roads Fixed pipe has been sent to company to be analyzed.
- Discussed why streets have not been swept by MNDOT. Bill is looking into it Dive Team will be week of July 20th
- Discussed trimming trees from signs.
- Discussed damage to City Property by the Water Tower. Dug up Turf and took out street sign and bent light pole. Still tallying up total. MN Power has already sent us statement for $50.00 due to having to change options.
- Paul Bunyan Statue has been repaired.
- Motion by Jerry Tatro, seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed to have a Work Session for Budget, Wages, & Liquor Store Coverage while Lacey is out on Maternity Leave set for August 18th 6:30pm Akeley City Hall
Motioned by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to adjourn at 7pm.
Respectfully submitted by:
City of Akeley
6.30.14 CASH BALANCE
6.30.14 CASH CONTROL
6.30.14 CLAIMS HISTORY
6.30.14 DISBURSEMENTS LIST
6.30.14 IFR-MONTHLY ANALYSIS
6.30.14 OSC AND DIT
6.30.14 RECEIPTS LIST
6.30.14 SCHEDULE 1
6.30.14 SCHEDULE 4
6.30.14 SCHEDULE 5