MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:30PM, JUNE 8, 2015
The Akeley City Council met in a work session Monday June 8, 2015. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:30pm.
Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Emery, Trygve Karl & Billy Krotzer
The city has two options for funding the PFA loan with a project annual payment of $17,800.00, option 1 is by special assessment and option 2 is by water rates.
The council was presented rate study information and recommendation from Ehlers. The adjusted rates are to account for the cities portion of bonding needed for updating and repairing the water system and to bring the water fund into financial stability without borrowing funds from the sewer department that would need to be paid back.
The recommended rate changes from Ehlers, in order to bring the water fund into financial stability without borrowing money from the sewer fund, is to: increase the water rates 12%, adding a Debt Surcharge of $7.25 starting 2015, for the life of the bond payment, and to decrease the sewer fund 12%. Current base residential charge for water and sewer for is $55.91. Proposed increase for remainder of 2015 is adding the Debt Surcharge of 7.25 this would bring the total base residential charge for 2015 to 63.16. The change for 2016 would decrease the residential base charge to $63.05 with the consumption charge for usage over 4,000 gallons to 6.48. 2017 the rates again would increase the water rate 12% and decrease the sewer rate 12% changing the total base for residential from $63.05 to $63.73, an increase of .68 cents a month and increase the consumption charge to 7.26. 2018, 2019 and 2020 sewer rates would then increase 2.5% each year and the water rates and consumption charges 0% increase each year.
Council discussed shifting Kelly’s wages from the water fund to the general fund and decreasing line item Road / Maintenance / Repair to absorb the shift. There has been talk LGA may increase this year, however, it has yet to be announced. Another possibility to look at would be using excess funds from the park.
The council would like to see reworked numbers from Ehlers with these options.
Motion by Dan Riggs to adjourn at 6:58 pm, seconded by Trygve Karl and Passed.
Respectfully Submitted by,
City Clerk Treasurer
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, June 10, 2015
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, June 10, 2015. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Trygve Karl & Billy Krotzer. Absent: Bobbie Emery
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
Consent Agenda: Approved
Motion made by Trygve Karl to approve the consent agenda, seconded by Billy Krotzer and Passed.
- Minutes from May 13, 2015 Regular Meeting
- Minutes from June 8, 2015 Work Session
- A complete Treasurer’s Report is not available at this time due to a system error in the Update
- May Permits Issued – 1 Fence
- SDCP Report
- Motion made by Dan Riggs to approve the purchase of advertising signs on the back of the museum for the Liquor Store and the Campground with an initial payment of $250.00 each with annual fee of $150.00 each and for Kelly to attach signs to the museum waiving the initial payment for the Liquor Store, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed.
- Minutes from June 8, 2015 Employee Evaluations
- 3 of the 4 evaluation were in a closed meeting, Jimmy was first closed positive evaluation, Sebrina’s was open, Lacey’s was closed and Brian abstained from with positive feedback on both sides and the last one was Kelly’s also closed and he also had a positive evaluation
- Jeff Ledin read the bids to the council Eagle Construction Co., INC bid Bond 5% Alternate $30k Total $589,000 and KHC Construction, INC. bid bond 5% Alternate $35k Total $612,000. Motion made by Trygve Karl to accept the lowest bid by Eagle Construction Co, INC seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed
- Motion by Trygve Karl to accept the proposal for professional services from S.E.H in the amount of $58,900 seconded by Billy Krotzer and passed.
East Hubbard County Fire District
- Council reviewed the draft of May Minutes
- Proposal from AFR to relinquish the unit to EHCFD. Motion by Dan Riggs to approve the agreement with the following changes; Remove numbers 3 and 6 and remove the last two sentences in 5, seconded by Trygve Karl to approved. Billy Krotzer abstained.
- Requested $1000 for National Night Out. Motion by Trygve Karl to spend $500 out of the community fund for National Night Out, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed.
Lacey was not present. Dan Riggs presented the council with the following requests.
- Request to purchase a second till for On Sale. Motion by Dan Riggs to purchase a second till in the amount of $2366.59, seconded by Billy Krotzer and passed.
- Request to be open Sunday June 28, 2015 from Noon to Midnight. Motion by Dan Riggs to approve request, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed.
- Motion by Trygve Karl to approve advertising with Park Rapids Enterprise as we have in the past for Paul Bunyan Days Insert, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed.
- Kelly informed the council our price for wood has increased and that the price to purchase wood at the park increased $1.00
- Manager Larry Striemer stated things are going good.
- Fixed the boat launch at the public access
- Reminder Well Head Protection meeting June 16, 2015 at 10 a.m.
- Aaron Deroo – Not Present
- Ardelle McAlpine requested to be reimbursed for 6 months of utility bills. Motion by Dan Riggs for no action, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed.
- Brian discussed implementing a uniform policy
- Discussed possibly getting time clocks Billy thinks he may be able to get a couple from NLC. And policies for it.
- Trygve Karl presented the council with a letter of resignation effective June 10,2015
- Resolution 12-2015 Declaring a vacancy. Motion by Dan Riggs, to approve resolution 12-2015 accepting Trygve Karl’s resignation and declaring a vacancy, seconded by Billy Krotzer and passed.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to advertise the vacancy seconded by Billy Krotzer and passed.
- Jean Ruzicka discussed talking with the master gardeners to fix the flower beds in front of city hall.
Motion by Trygve Karl to adjourn at 7:17pm, seconded by Billy Krotzer and Passed.
Respectfully Submitted by,
City Clerk Treasurer
CASH BALANCE 6.30.15
CASH CONTROL 6.30.15
CLAIMS HISTORY 6.30.15
DISBURSEMENTS REGISTER 6.30.15
FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 6.30.15
IFR BY ACCOUNT NUMBER 6.30.15
IFR BY OBJECT CODE 6.30.15
MONTHLY ANALYSIS 6.30.15
MONTHLY COMPARISON 6.30.15
OUTSTANDING CHECKS AND DIT 6.30.15
RECEIPTS REGISTER 6.30.15
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http;//www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org