AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
March 11TH, 2015
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from February 11th 2015 Regular Meeting
- Minutes from February 18th 2015Work Session Kelly Wages & Position Descriptions
- Minutes from February 23rd 2015 Special Meeting Public Hearing Grant
- Minutes from February 23rd 2015 Work Session Liquor Store Remodel
- Treasurer’s Report
Total Disbursements $57,459.72 including all automatic payments
Check numbers #13070 to #13140
Total Receipts $51,818.24 including all automatic deposits
Voided Checks #13128, 13129 misprinted
Claims List of Approval
- February Permits Issued – 0
- SDCP Report
- City Hall – Sebrina Hegg
- Guy Sharp
- Todd Hagen
- Resolution 8-2015 AIS
- Resolution 9-2015 Minnesota Public Loan Application
- Resolution 10-2015 Supporting dedicated state funding for city streets
- Resolution 11-2015 Support of legislation establishing an early voting process
- Employee Policy / Handbook
- Voting Time Leave
- Emergency Response Leave
- Paychecks, Direct Deposit and Mandatory Deductions
- Electronic Transfer
- Grievance Procedure
- Limited English Proficiency Plan
- Resolution 6-2015 EFT’s
- East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Emery
- Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Parks – Trygve Karl
- Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Old Business
- New Business
- Akeley Library – Peg Davies
- Paul Bunyan Days – Peg Davies
- Lakes Area Dive Team
- Headwaters for Lifelong Learning
- Akeley Nevis Food Shelf
- All Veterans Memorial
- Public Forum
- Letter from Frank and Deloris Lamb
2.28.15 FINANCIAL STATEMENT
Schedule 1 2.28.15
All Veterans Memorial
Sentence to serve
Limited English Proficiency Plan
GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE 40 C (3)
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, February 11th, 2015
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, February 11th, 2014. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:03pm.
- Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Emery, Trygve Karl
- Council members absent: Billy Krotzer
- The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
- Council member Billy Krotzer arrived at 6:04pm
Consent Agenda: Approved
- Motion made by Bobbie Emery, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to approve the consent agenda.
Kim Bowen presented the council information on the AIS program and requested a donation: APPROVED
- Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to give the AIS program $600.00 from the park fund.
Dan Riggs stated that he was applying for the SDCP Grant.
Attorney draft a letter to DEED: APPROVED
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed with Dan Riggs abstaining to have the City Attorney send a Letter to DEED stating that there is not a conflict of interest.
Training for Sebrina and Sally March 24TH: APPROVED
- Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Billy Krotzer and passed to close City Hall March 24th 2015 for employees to attend training
Advertising in Discovering Akeley: PASSED
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Billy Krotzer to purchase the ½ page add in the Chamber of Commerce ne summer guide “Discovering Akeley” for $60.00. Billy Krotzer will design the add and get it to the Chamber of Commerce.
Employee Policy / Handbook
ORIENTATION PERIOD: APPROVED
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to change insurance to benefits under ORIENTAION PERIOD policy.
PAYCHECK AND MANDATORY DEDUCTIONS: TABLED
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to table proposed changes to PAYCHECK AND MANDATORY DEDUCTIONS policy seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to table.
COMPENSATORY TIME OFF: APPROVED
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to add the heading COMPENSATORY TIME OFF policy heading, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE LEAVE: TABLED
- Motion by Trygve Karl to table the proposed EMERGENCY LEAVE POLICY, seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed.
NATURAL DISASTER LEAVE: APPROVED
- Motion by Trygve Karl to accept the proposed changes to the NATURAL DISASTER LEAVE policy, seconded by Billy Krotzer and passed.
PAYROLL PROCEDURES: APPROVED
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to approve adding direct deposit to PAYROLL PROCEDURES subd. Procedures seconded by Trygve Karl and passed.
ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS: TABLED
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to table proposed ELECTRONIC TRANSFER policy until approved by the bank, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed
RESOLUTION 6-1015: TABLED
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to table Resolution 6-2015, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed.
Meeting with DNR and ATV Club Friday the 27th, 3pm at City Hall Dan Riggs and Billy Krotzer to attend
Akeley Library: Tabled
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to table Akeley Libraries donation request, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed.
Park Rapids Library: No Action
- Motion by Trygve Karl no action Park Rapids Libraries donation request, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed.
EASTERN HUBBARD COUNTY FIRE DISTRICT
Brian and Bobbie met with the City Attorney February 11th to go over the Joint Powers agreement. The attorney feels there are some significant issues with the agreement and will review and give his recommendation.
- Motion by Bobbie Emery to send the Service Agreement for the 1st Response to our attorney, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed. Billy Krotzer abstained
- Motion by Brain Hitchcock seconded by Bobbie Emery to send the Joint Powers Agreement to the LMC and passed. Billy Krotzer abstained
Sherriff Cory Aukes presented the council with information for the council’s consideration on responsible servers training and a proposed Liquor Ordinance holding business owners accountable and penalizing them for staff selling to minors. The county attorney will help draft this for the City.
Ordinance Proposal: Approved
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to proceed and agree to this with this on the city’s behalf seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed.
Chief Deputy Scott Parks presented the council with information on the County’s computer system changes and upgrades and the need for the Akeley Police Department to move forward with the same changes and upgrades to be compatible with the county. Service to start possibly September 2015. Also noted that the payments may be split 50/50 half due in 2015 and half due January 2016.
Upgrade and purchase of system to remain compatible with Hubbard County: Approved
- Motion by Trygve Karl to go with the entire package and for Jimmy to get hard quotes from LETG seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed. Dan Riggs opposed.
Jimmy informed the council he passed his audits.
Work Session: APPROVED
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to set a work session to discuss Liquor Store remodeling and improvements on February 23rd 6pm at City Hall seconded by Trygve Karl and passed.
Health inspector was here and has less than a year to comply with fixing the cooler.
2015 Contract: APPROVED
- Motion by Dan Riggs to approve the 2015 contract with Larry and Cheryl Striemer, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed.
Larry and Cheryl Striemer attended and were welcomed to the city by the council.
Trygve Karl gave props to Sebrina and Kelly for going through all the resumes and doing interviews and recommending the new managers for council approval.
Minnesota Campgrounds: NO ACTION
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock for no action for advertising with Minnesota Campgrounds.com seconded by Trygve Karl and passed.
Flyers need to be updated.
The ACH Automatic Payments are ready. Applications are available for print on-line or pick up at city hall.
Cell Phones: APPROVED
- Motion by Trygve Karl to get two cell phones mobile share 10gig for the park managers and public works supervisor seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed.
Work Session: APPROVED
- Motion by Trygve Karl to set up a work session to discuss Kelly’s wages and job descriptions on February 18th 6pm at City Hall seconded by Billy Krotzer and passed.
Old Business: NONE
Sebrina brought to the council’s attention that there is a potential air quality issue with City Hall. Working on getting quotes for air exchange. Air quality test should come before air exchange.
Roof still leaks. 3 layers of shingles that are very brittle and degrading quickly.
Council was reminded that per policy someone need to do bank reconciliations with the Clerk Treasurer at minimum twice a year.
Public Forum: NONE
- Motion by Trygve Karl to adjourn at 8:14pm seconded by Dan Riggs and passed.
1.31.15 CLAIMS HISTORY C7 .pdf
1.31.15 DISBURSEMENT LIST C7 .pdf
1.31.15 IFR-MONTHLY C7 .pdf
1.31.15 INDEBTEDNESS C7 .pdf
1.31.15 INVESTMENTS C7 .pdf
1.31.15 RECEIPT LIST C7 .pdf
1.31.15 SCHEDULE 5 C7 .pdf
SCHEDULE 1 C7 .xlsx
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http;//www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com