MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 5:00PM, DECEMBER 30TH, 2016
The Akeley City Council met in a special meeting Friday, December 30th, 2016. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 5:00pm.
Council members present: Dan Riggs, Billy Krotzer and Margaret Bond-Vorel
Council members absent: Bobbie Wosika
Discussion of making changes to the Employee Handbook, regarding the sick/vacation time accrual rate for part time employees and percentage earned for full time employees.
Motion by Dan Riggs to make the changes to the new appendix for sick/vacation time, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
Motion by Billy Krotzer for the new Medical Insurance, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Discussion of End-of-Year Financials and Transfer of Funds. Melody explained the budgeted amounts that had not been transferred. Administration charges from other funds ($3,750.00 from each water & sewer, park and liquor store) for a total of $15,000.00.
Motion by Billy Krotzer to transfer administrative charges to other funds to general fund, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Motion by Dan Riggs to transfer from enterprise fund (park), $15,000.00 to General Fund, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Discussion of Resolution 28-2016 transferring funds in the amount of $1,000.00 from unused office equipment/rentals and $1,500.00 from unused repairs and maintenance/ building
Motion by Brian Hitchcock to approve Resolution 28-2016 Transferring Funds to Investment Accounts, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Discussion of Resolution 29-2016 Transferring funds for highways, streets and roads
Motion by Margaret Bond-Vorel to approve Resolution 29-2016 Transferring Funds to Investment Accounts, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
Discussion of Fund Balance Policy and being in compliance with the auditors office and to have a policy in place
Motion by Dan Riggs to approve Resolution 30-2016 establishing a Fund Balance Policy with a minimum unassigned general fund balance of 40% of actual current year general fund expenditures, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
Review of cash account as of current Capital Improvement Savings is $80,012.50, Special Projects is $23,986.93 and the rest are not quite finished due to end of the year numbers still being worked on.
Discussion of unassigned funds and how to determine them and to have a work session to discuss it further
Discussion of Resolution 31-2016 Transferring Funds to investment accounts for police squad car taking $2,000.00 of unused funds from Police Administration.
Motion by Billy Krotzer to approve Resolution 31-2013 Transferring Funds to Investment Accounts, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Discussion of Capital Improvement Plan, League of Minnesota Cities says to follow up with this once you have the Fund policy and designated funds
Motion by Dan Riggs to adjourn at 5:44pm, seconded by Billy Krotzer and passed.
Respectfully submitted by:
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, December 14th, 2016
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, December 14th, 2016. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Wosika, Billy Krotzer & Margaret Bond-Vorel.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
- Minutes from November 9th, 2016 Regular Meeting
- Minutes from November 23rd, 2016 Special Meeting
- Minutes from December 6th, 2016 Work Session
- Treasurer’s Report for November was not available
- Administration finance report for November was not available
- November Permits Issued – 1
- SDCP Report
- Motion by Bobbie Wosika to approve the Consent Agenda, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
City Hall – Melody Boettcher
- Request for Special Meeting for End-of-Year Financials
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock for End-of-Year Financials Special Meeting on December 30th, at 6 PM, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
- Request for approval of changes made to the employee health insurance and sick time accrual appendix portion of the Employee Handbook.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to table changes of Employee Handbook until December 30th meeting, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
- Request for approval of wage increase and splits between Administration and Maintenance.
- Motion by Dan Riggs to approve the wage increase and splits, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed.
- Request for approval of Final Budget & Levy with Resolution 26-2016
- Motion by Dan Riggs to approve Resolution 26-2016, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
- Resolution 27-2016 to Certify 2016 Election Results that were held on November 8th, 2016
- Motion by Bobbie Wosika to approve Resolution 27-2016 to certify the 2016 election results, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
- Oath of Office was recited by Brian Hitchcock, Bobbie Wosika and Margaret Bond-Vorel
- Discussion of the Hubbard County MHMP Planning Meeting, watched a video and discussed what the city has as a plan in case of emergency.
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Wosika
- Bobbie Wosika went over November minutes
- Discussion of EHCFD joint powers agreement expiring December 20th
- Discussion of having our lawyer Steve Bolton write up a 90 day extension
- Discussion of new funding formula for annual budget amounts
- Motion by Margaret Bond-Vorel to have a 90 day extension with attorney’s recommendation, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed. Billy Krotzer abstained.
- Motion by Dan Riggs to go with the Minnesota Association of Townships (MAT) Formula, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed. Billy Krotzer abstained.
Police Department – Jimmy Hansen
- Reported everything is going good, had some extra hours to use up this month
Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Stated this Saturday December 17th is customer appreciation day
- Request for approval to be open Sunday December 18th for Vikings game
- Motion by Billy Krotzer for the Muni to be open Sunday December 18th for the Vikings game, seconded by Dan Riggs, passed.
Parks - Billy Krotzer
- Stated the variance was approved and the use permit was submitted
- Discussion of a new logo for the campground
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Stated everything is going real good
- Discussion of the update on the Vacation of the City Streets and Alleys, the hearing was scheduled for December 13th but a continuance was submitted and approved. A new date has not been set yet
- Discussion of the Trail Map Advertising
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock to table the Trail Map Advertising until the January meeting, seconded by Billy Krotzer, passed.
- Discussion of the Akeley Ice Races and needing a letter of approval and support
- Motion by Bobbie Wosika to write a letter of approval for the Akeley Ice Races to have access to the lake, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, passed. Abstained Dan Riggs.
Motion by Dan Riggs to adjourn at 7:03 pm, seconded by Bobbie Wosika, passed.
Respectfully Submitted by,
AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
JANUARY 11, 2017
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from December 14, 2016 Regular Meeting
- Minutes from December 30, 2016 Special Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report for November & December – Not available
- Administration Finance Report for November & December – Not available
- December Permits Issued - 0
- SCDP Report
- City Hall - Melody Boettcher
- Request for special meeting for finance.
- Treasurer’s Reports
- Wrap up of Grants & Special Projects
- Determination of Fund Assignments IAW Fund Balance Policy
- 2017 Regular Meeting Schedule – 6:00pm the Second Wednesday of every month at City Hall – No conflicting holidays
- Commissioner Appointments
- #1-2017 Consignments
- #2-2017 Bank Signatories
- #3-2017 Authorization of Payments Prior to Council Approval
- #4-2017 Authorizing Wire automated Bank payments
- #5-2017 EFT’s
- 2017 mileage reimbursement 53.5 cents per mile
- Board of Appeal and Equalization: April 18th 1pm
- AIS – Resolution #6-2017
- Mobile Phone Policy – Resolution #7-2017
- East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Wosika
- December Minutes
- Joint Powers Agreement
- Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Well-Head Protection Contingency Plan
- 2015 Water Project – Final Payment
- A1 Janitorial
- Old Business
- Update on Vacation of City Streets and Alleys – February 3, 2017 8:30am
- Trail Map Advertising
1-2016 RESOLUTION- CONSIGNMENTS
2-2016 RESOLUTION Bank Sig
3-2016 payments without prior authorization
4-2016 Resolution auto payments
5-2016 Resolution EFT's
6-2016 Petty Cash Debit Card Resolution Transferring funds
7-206 Resolution Amending Resoluion 26-2015
8-2016 Resolution Transferring funds
9-2016 Resolution for grants
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http;//www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org