I am calling a special meeting to be held at the Akeley city hall at 2:00pm on Tuesday the 19th of April. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss the violations/penalties that the city received from OSHA and to figure out our plan to mitigate these issues.
City of Akeley
AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
APRIL 13, 2016
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from MARCH 9, 2016 Regular Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
Total Disbursements $115,681.68 including all automatic payments
Check numbers #14094 to #14178
Total Receipts $104,529.14 including all automatic deposits
Claims List of Approval
- March Building Permits Issued – 0
- HRDC REPORT
- City Hall – Sebrina Hegg
- FYI- Board of Appeal and Equalization April 15th 1pm
- Received $200 Grant for Clerks Training May 1st to May 6th
- OSHA Visit
- Need Safety Committee
- Need to Approve Safety Policies
- Need to Develop and Implement Training
- Pay Equity – We are out of compliance.
- Public Works Supervisor points need change from 322 back to 218
- Liquor Store Manager and Clerk Treasurer’s Wages need to be the same or More than the Public Works Supervisor currently $17.25 an hour
1. File a request for consideration
- East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Emery
- Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Old Business
- New Business
- Habitat for Humanity Letter
- Kristen Fake Akeley C of C Discover Guide
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, MARCH 9, 2016
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, March 9, 2016. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Emery, & Billy Krotzer. Margaret Bond-Vorel was absent.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
- Minutes from February 10,2016 Regular Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Total Disbursements $172,111.83 including all automatic payments
- Check numbers #14000 to #14093
- Total Receipts $156,628.69 including all automatic deposits
- Voided Checks 14015 incorrect amount14029 wrong vendor
- Claims List of Approval
- February Building Permits Issued –0
- HRDC - SDCP Monthly Report
- Motion made by Bobbie Emery to approve the consent agenda with a correction of the agenda item Resolution 14-2016 Credit Card Resolution “Citizens National Bank” to “First National Bank of Walker”, seconded by Billy Krotzer, Passed.
City Hall - Melody Boettcher
- Melody reported on opportunities from the Department of Commerce for a Guaranteed Energy Savings Program (GESP). Melody requested to be able to submit an application for a Community Planning Grant from Northwest Minnesota Foundation (NWMF) to help pay for the administration costs of the GESP. Discussion of Resolution 12-2016 Resolution Authorizing the Submission of an application for NWMF Community Planning Grant for the City of Akeley.
- Motion made by Bobbie Emery to approve Resolution 12-2016 Resolution Authorizing the Submission of an application for NWMF Community Planning Grant for the City of Akeley, seconded by Dan Riggs, Passed.
- Discussion of Resolution 13-2016 Resolution Authorizing the City of Akeley to Contribute funds to Hubbard County Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Prevention Program. Funds would come from the Park.
- Motion made by Brian Hitchcock to approve Resolution 13-2016 with a contribution amount of $770.00 for 2016 with funds coming from the Park, seconded by Bobbie Emery, Passed.
Discussion of obtaining a credit card for the City of Akeley from First National Bank of Walker. Account would be responsibility of the City of Akeley with cards issued to authorized city employees; Liquor Store Manager, Public Works Supervisor, and City Clerk Treasurer. Discussion of credit limit.
- Motion made by Brian Hitchcock to approve Resolution 14-2016 Authorizing the City of Akeley to Acquire a Credit Card from First National Bank of Walker with a credit limit of $2,500.00, seconded by Dan Riggs, Passed.
- Discussion of Resolution 6-2016 Resolution Transferring Funds from Petty Cash Checking Debit Card Account to General fund and Close the Petty Cash Checking Debit Card Account.
- Motion made by Bobbie Emery to table until next month, seconded by Dan Riggs, Passed.
No Action taken on Resolution 15-2016 Transferring funds from Saving at First National Bank to Saving at Citizens National Bank.
- FYI- Board of Appeal and Equalization April 15th 1pm at Akeley City Hall
Melody reported about the savings by switching our Utility Bill Program and the added features.
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Emery
- Council reviewed the draft of February Minutes.
- Bobbie reported on taking the new fire truck to training.
- Bobbie reported on the budget process. And the new Joint Powers Agreement for 2017.
- Brian will attend the next meeting in Bobbie’s absence.
Police Department – Jimmy Hansen
- Inquired about the city look into providing health insurance. Bobbie will look into it.
- Report of dog in town that is a nuisance and concern of the residents and the dog. Bobbie and Jimmy will have conversation with the dog owner.
- Reported on new in-squad computer system.
Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Request to be able to put some advertisement boards down at the park on the bathrooms.
- Report on electrical issue on the lights in basement.
- Report of purchasing an employee fridge to be in compliance with the health department.
Parks - Billy Krotzer
- Kelly reported on the progress to the new bathrooms. Still scheduled to be completed by May 1st.
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Kelly report on attending the MN Rural Water Conference.
- He is going to get a quote to GPS locate all curb stops, water valves, manholes, and hydrants. This would include a paper map and an electronic map so that anyone would be able to locate these items in the future. The system that is in place right now is very outdated and incomplete. The project will take some time and could be budgeted over the next couple years.
- He received a quote for new hand held meter reader equipment. The unit we have now will not be able to be updated after 2016. The city will use what we have until it doesn’t work, but will have to have a new one in place to use after that. Kelly will get more information for the next meeting.
- Kelly reported that the road work will start as soon as they dry up a little. He is excited to use the new grader.
- Dan asked if the city had been paid from K-bid for the sale of the grader. Dan is holding off with the sale of the snow blower until next fall.
- Bobbie asked about City Hall staff getting uniforms.
- No one showed up for U.C.A.N. Council reviewed letter.
- Motion made by Dan Riggs for No Action, seconded by Billy Krotzer, Passed.
- Colleen R. Oestreich, Giziibii Resource Conservation & Development Association (GRCDA), was approached by the Paul Bunyan ATV Club for help with fund raising for building an ATV trail bridge over the Crow Wing River. The GRCDA intends to apply for a grant from the DNR. The applicant for the grant has to be a local government entity. Discussion on who would be responsible for the building of the bridge and the maintenance concluded with the City drafting a Memorandum of Understanding with the ATV Club to be responsible for the maintenance. GRCDA will submit the grant application on behalf of the City. Further discussion that the City would be able to withdraw the application or refuse the reward if there is something in the proposal that the City did not like.
- Motion made by Dan Riggs to allow the GRCDA to write the DNR grant proposal on behalf of the City for funding to build a bridge over the Crow Wing River with the contingency of a Memorandum of Understanding for the Operation and Maintenance of the bridge provided by the Paul Bunyan ATV Club , seconded by Bobbie Emery, Passed.
Lacey is cleaning out the basement of liquor store and is request to sell items or give them away. They are not of great value but otherwise would need to be hauled to the dump. Council gave permission for the items that are little or no value.
- Bobbie inquired about paycheck stubs and asked that hard copies be put in everyone’s box. Some employees need to have them to provide to others.
Bobbie brought up discussion about Council Meeting packets. She requested that there be something in writing about the deadline for agenda items to be submitted. Additionally a set time the packets would be available for the council members review to give ample time information gathering on any items that need decision making.
- Motion made by Bobbie Emery to have packets available the Monday prior to the council meeting, seconded by Dan Riggs, Passed.
Motion by Dan Riggs to adjourn at 7:20pm, seconded by Billy Krotzer, Passed.
Respectfully Submitted by,
3.2016 CASH BALANCE
3.2016 CASH CONTROL
3.2016 CLAIMS HISTORY
3.2016 DISBURSEMENT REGISTER
3.2016 FINANCIAL STATEMENT
3.2016 IFR MONTHLY
3.2016 OSC DIT
3.2016 RECEIPT REGISTER
3.2016 SCHEDULE 1.XLS
1-2016 RESOLUTION- CONSIGNMENTS
2-2016 RESOLUTION Bank Sig
3-2016 payments without prior authorization
4-2016 Resolution auto payments
5-2016 Resolution EFT's
6-2016 Petty Cash Debit Card Resolution Transferring funds
7-206 Resolution Amending Resoluion 26-2015
8-2016 Resolution Transferring funds
9-2016 Resolution for grants
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http;//www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org