AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
November 10, 2015
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from October 14, 2015 Regular Meeting
- October Financials
Total Disbursements $190,229.15 including all automatic payments
Check numbers #13714 to #13785
Total Receipts $170,644.62including all automatic deposits
Voided Checks #.
October Claims List of Approval
- October Permits Issued – 2 excavation, 1-Water, 1-Water Connection,
- SDCP Monthly and Annual Report
- AIS Lake Summaries
- City Hall – Sebrina Hegg
- Set Budget Work Session
- 20-2015 Resolution Sponsoring Paul Bunyan Forest Riders
- Vacation November 12 – 20
- S.E.H. Telecommunications Proposal
- Add Melody Boettcher Deputy Clerk access for ACH Transactions
- 21-2015 Resolution Adopting lien or assessment for unpaid charges
- Acuity Consulting & Engineering’s conducted and indoor air quality test at city hall and has concluded that there is fungal growth and spreading bacterial colonies present in the Akeley City Hall. In particular, they are present in the Office, Police Office, entry hall, back hall by the bathroom, Senior Hall, kitchen and outside (south entrance), The indoor air quality report is available in my office for review.
- Recommendations based upon the level/and or type of contamination identified at the various location samples:
- Remove moisture affected building materials from the Back Hall and by 1st furnace base
- Consider replacing carpet
- Kitchen-Clean contents, walls and ceilings with HEPA vacuum before and after wiping with sanitizer solution (HEPA Sandwich)
- Clean HVAC system and ducts
- Perform microbial post remediation sampling
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Emery
- Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Parks – Billy Krotzer
- Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- 3rd Street extension 525 Broadway encroachment issues
- Water Fluoridation Quality Award
- Old Business
- New Business
- Peg Davies Chamber – NWMF Funds $2,100.00
- Set up a meeting with the Chamber to discuss possibly re-appropriating the Tennis Court Funds donated by the Chamber back in the 80’s.
- Public Forum
10.15 CASH BALANCE STATEMENT
10.15 CASH CONTROL
10.15 CLAIMS HISTORY
10.15 DISBURSEMENT REGISTER
10.15 FINANCIAL STATEMENT
10.15 OSC DIT
10.15 RECEIPT REGISTER
10.15 SCHEDULE 1
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, October 14, 2015
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, October 14, 2015. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Emery, Margaret Bond-Vorel & Billy Krotzer.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
- Minutes from September 9, 2015 Regular Meeting
- September Financials
- Total Disbursements $126,535.37 including all automatic payments
- Check numbers #13642 to #13713
- Total Receipts $959,542.80 including all automatic deposits
- Voided Checks #13521 they never received it.
- September Claims List of Approval
- September Permits Issued – None
- SCDP Report
- Motion made by Bobbie Emery to approve the consent agenda, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, Passed.
- Chad Katzenberger, project engineer, from SEH gave a report on the status of the water project. There was a change order on the water tower for coating work. Mayor Hitchcock asked why this was not on the original bid. Chad explained that it was not something that was noted in the initial inspection, however there is a 10% contingency put in to the bid and this will cover the cost of the change order. Chad reported that the first pay application is due to Eagle Construction for $15,200 to cover the bonds and insurance for the contractor.
- Motion made by Brian Hitchcock to approve the change order in the amount of $8,964 for additional work that was added, seconded by Dan Riggs, Passed.
- Motion made by Bobbie Emery to make first payment to Eagle Construction for $15,200, seconded by Dan Riggs, Passed.
- Paul Bunyan Forest Riders
- Asked for sponsorship for another year. Current resolution is for one year.
- Motion made by Dan Riggs to sponsor the Paul Bunyan Forest Riders for another year, seconded by Bobbie Emery, Passed with Brian Hitchcock abstaining.
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Emery
- Council reviewed the draft of September Minutes
- Discussion of purchase of new “Jaws” pending outcome from Itasca Mantrap grant.
- Brian Hitchcock will be attending the October meeting in Bobbie’s absence
Police Department – Jimmy Hansen
- Jimmy reported on a bid received for a new computer for the squad car to meet the needs for the new computer program. Statewide there will no longer be paper tickets starting July 2016. The program will also be used to pre-book to the county jail. The county is already up and running with the program and Park Rapids PD will be up soon. There will also be a need for wireless internet service. Billy Krotzer asked about the specks for the computer.
- Motion made by Brian Hitchcock to table the purchase of the computer to give Billy Krotzer time to speck something out that might be cheaper, seconded by Bobbie Emery, Passed.
Liquor Store - Bobbie Emery (Lacey Hitchcock not present)
Parks - Billy Krotzer
- 2016 Managers Contract, proposed increase in compensation for each month.
- Motion made by Brian Hitchcock to approve the increase of the campground manager compensation $1,000 a month from May – September for a total of $4,000 a month, seconded by Dan Riggs, Passed.
- Ordinance 101 page 5 and 6 Dan Riggs and Bobbie Emery reported that they had done some research online. Discussion on what the rate change would be.
- Motion made by Margaret Bond-Vorel to approve the new rates (Tent: Nightly-$30, Weekly-$190, Monthly-$840; RV: Nightly-$45, Weekly-$285, Monthly-$1,260), seconded by Dan Riggs, Passed.
- Motion made by Brian Hitchcock to approve Resolution 18-2015 for Authorizing Summary Publication, seconded by Margaret Bond-Vorel, Passed.
- Sebrina Hegg reported on the unaudited 2015 Campground results. It is estimated at 20+% increase over last year’s income.
- Sebrina Hegg ask for permission to look into a new online reservation program that would save time for running reports and is more user friendly for the customer.
- Sebrina Hegg reported the need to transfer monies in the general account to correct a missed end of year transfer that would balance the park fund with last year’s audit. Additionally monies need to be transferred to cover the construction cost of the new bathroom.
- Motion made by Brian Hitchcock to approve Resolution 19-2015 Resolution of the Akeley City Council transferring funds from general to park to balance with audit and to replace park bathroom, seconded by Dan Riggs, Passed.
- Brian Hitchcock asked if there is a way to lock the showers at night.
- Kelly VandenEykel reported on replacement of trees down at the park.
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- $7.25 debt service charge will reflect on the November Billing.
- Ritter & Ritter was here for annual service, cleaning and televised. There was a significant amount of grease. This is the last section; the whole city is now televised. Request to continue service contract for a routine cleaning of 6,000ft/yr. Dan Riggs had a copy of the contract dated June 1, 2011, the contract is for five years and automatically renews for successive terms of one year each unless canceled by either party.
- Kelly VandenEykel gave an overview of the 3rd Street extension 525 Broadway encroachment issues.
- Council gave direction for Kelly to remove three trees in the right-of-way in order for property owners to have access to land.
- Dan and Kelly will go talk with the 525 Broadway property owners and ask them what their position is and let them know the Cities position and what the City purposes as an option to the encroachment issue.
- Mayor Hitchcock stated that he is not sure what the City would have to do, if anything, legally speaking now that the City knows about the encroachment issue; if the 525 Broadway property owners would have to remove the unauthorized structures.
- Motion made by Brian Hitchcock to table until next month until Dan can make contact with the 525 Broadway property owners, seconded by Bobbie Emery, Passed.
- Kelly VandenEykel reported that the road grader is not worth fixing. He is looking at pricing something a little smaller that would fit in the garage. He will look into auctions and other avenues for one before spring.
- Motion made by Dan Riggs to liquidate it on Kbid seconded by Bobbie Emery, Passed.
- Bobbie Emery made declaration of applying for the Small Cities Development Program.
- Motion made by Dan Riggs to send statement of conflict of interest to the attorney, seconded by Billy Krotzer, Passed with Bobbie Emery abstaining.
Motion by Dan Riggs to adjourn at 7:31pm, seconded by Bobbie Emery and Passed.
Respectfully Submitted by,
November 19, 2015 EHCFD JPB minutes
AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
WORK SESSION MINUTES
September 3, 2015 @ 6:30pm
The Akeley City Council met in a Work Session Thursday September 3, 2015. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:30pm.
Council Members Present: Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Emery, & Billy Krotzer.
Council Members Absent: None
Employees Present: Kelly VandenEykel, Sebrina Hegg and Jimmy Hansen
- Discussed why an increase to administrative costs to other funds and increase to Transfers from Enterprise Funds to offset the levy.
- To offset office costs that is not charged out to specific funds when purchased.
- Wage and hours Increases
- Discussed the potential for no wage and hour increase for 2016
- Election Year
- $5,000 for police computer
- 2016 LGA $68,033.00 increased $934.00
- Fire Contract. Bobbie was informed by the Fire Board that they would not have budget numbers until January and to just budget for a 5% increase. Questioned if this would also include taking on the First Response Expenses.
5% increase without the consideration of the First Response $18204.00
- Discussed using the Capital Improvement fund that was started in 2013 for new bathrooms at the park
- Discussed General Liability and Errors by LMC last year and the adjustments for 2016
- Discussed the need for council members to attend trainings, conferences and regional meetings.
- Discussed how to disburse Kelly’s wages.
- Discussed decreasing roads. Reminded that was not a good idea due to receiving DEED Small Cities funds for Roads
- Discussed using a list of improved vendor’s vs obtaining 3 bids.
- Discussed doing an RFP for attorney
- Discussed going to paper towels in city hall.
- Discussed purchasing hand dryers for Muni and Park.
- Discussed changing vacation sick policy so FTE who adjust hours do not lose accruals.
- Discussed chloride price to do all the roads.
- Discussed why the council is now seeing budgets for all the enterprise funds.
- Was explained that they need to start looking at all the funds to monitor how they are doing financially and using the enterprise funds to offset the levy.
- Agreed to leave levy high $196,654.72, 2.185% $4205.72 increase as you can decrease in December but not increase.
Motion made by Bobbie Emery, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to Adjourn at 8:45pm.
City Clerk Treasurer
City of Akeley
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http;//www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org