MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, January 14th, 2015
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, January 14th, 2014. Mayor Brian Hitchcock called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Brian Hitchcock, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Emery, Trygve Karl & Billy Krotzer.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
Consent Agenda: Approved
Motion made by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to approve the consent agenda.
City Hall – Sebrina Hegg
- New Council members already sworn in.
- Discussed Commissioner appointments. Dan wants to stay on as Liquor Store Commissioner due to the time he has already invested. Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to approve Commissioner Assignments and add Dan Riggs as Liquor Store Commissioner.
- Jackie Meixner from HRDC spoke to the Council about what her role is as Grant Administrator and what the City’s role is and how that helps the City stay in compliance with the Grant rules. She explained that contractors can bid on projects as long as they are licensed and have the appropriate insurance. She will be leaving application packets at City Hall for people to pick up.
- Discussed the Water System Improvements/Well Rehab Project and that MDH has put it on the Project Priority List. Need to approve service contract with SEH to move forward with plans and specs to be eligible for the grant. Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Billy Krotzer and passed to approve service contract.
- Discussed RFP’s, received three proposals for auditor services. All were more expensive than current auditor. Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to stay with current auditor.
- Discussed ACH agreement with FNB-Walker and that the bank has suggested a cap disbursement amount of $25,000.00 per day. The bank would need a verbal okay to exceed that amount. Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to approve agreement with FNB with suggested cap. Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed for monthly fee to be split between water and sewer and payroll.
- Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to approve Resolution 1-2015, Resolution to Adopt Consignments for 2015.
- Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Bobbie Emery to approve Resolution 2-2015, Authorization Approvals for Signatories of all Accounts at FNB-Akeley.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to approve Resolution 4-2015, Authorizing Wire Automated Bank Payments.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to approve Resolution 5-2015, Allowing Payment before Council Authorization.
- Mileage reimbursement for 2015 is .56 cents per mile.
- Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to move November meeting date to Tuesday November 10th.
- Discussed increasing petty cash/till at City Hall. Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery and approved to increase petty cash to $200.00.
- Board of Appeal and Equalization April 15th at 1pm.
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Emery
- Going through Citizen’s National Bank in Park Rapids for remainder of balance on new truck. Truck is tentatively scheduled for delivery February 6th.
- Discussed First Responders and request that equipment would be returned to them if anything happened to EHCFD. Also for $3,625.00 annually, per entity for services. Council would like to see something in writing and to have Attorney go over it. Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Dan Riggs and approved to table.
- Officers are requesting increase in compensation. Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed as long as there are funds to do so.
- Bobbie will ask for a list of calls at the meeting tomorrow.
Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to approve Resolution 3-2015, accepting a donation from Walmart toward the purchase of Night Vision.
- Discussed reoccurring problems with a dog in town. Need to start ticketing owner.
Liquor Store – Brian Hitchcock
- Lacey will be coming back to work in a few weeks, just part time for now.
- Cash register had to be fixed right before New Year’s.
- Deep fryer is not working. Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to approve funds for repair.
Parks – Trygve Karl
- Sebrina has five potential candidates, she would like permission to offer Campground Manager position to #1 candidate. Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to approve offering position to Larry and Chery Striemer.
- Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to approve advertising for the campground in Destinations.
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Kelly was presented with a 2013 Water Fluoridation Quality Award.
- Reminder that rates increase for the billing cycle going out February 1st.
- Water leak was finally found in the line that feeds the park. Road will have to be blocked in the spring as it could be compromised due to the high volume of water lost. Line has been shut off and will need to be fixed ASAP in the spring.
- No water lines have frozen. A few houses have had frozen water.
- Question was raised about a policy involving City employees going on fire calls. There is no policy and Council wants a policy in place.
Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to adjourn at 7:26pm.
Respectfully submitted by:
City of Akeley
12.14 CLAIM HISTORY CTAS7
12.14 DISBURSEMENT REGISTER CTAS7
12.14 RECEIPTS REGISTER CTAS7
12.31.14 CASH BALANCE CTAS7
12.31.14 MONTHLY IFR CTAS7
12.31.14 SCHEDULE 1 CTAS7
CTAS 8 SCHEDULE 1
CTAS 8 SCHEDULE 2
CTAS 8 SCHEDULE 4
CTAS 8 SCHEDULE 5
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http;//www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com