AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2014
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from August 13th Regular Meeting
- Minutes from August 18th Work Session
- Minutes from September 9th 2014 Work Session
- Treasurer’s Report
Total Disbursements $71,428.84 including all automatic payments
Check numbers #12431 to #12548
Total Receipts $77,404.11 including all automatic deposits
Voided Checks #12498 to #12518 dbl printed #12531 to #12534 miss print
Claims List of Approval
- August Permits Issued – 0 building, 1 excavation, 0 fence
- Appoint Temporary Council Member
- Public Hearing Housing Ordinance #102
- Amendment Housing Ordinance #102
- Resolution 11-2014 Summary Submit Ordinance #102
- Jackie Meixner with HRDC
- Residential Anti-Displacement & Relocation Policy
- Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation Procedural Guide
- City Hall – Sebrina Hegg
- Resolution 13-2014 Levy
- Council Assignments
- Resolution 15-2014 Bank Signatures
- Letter from LMC Ordinances
- EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK / POLICIES
- Compensation Policy
- Form I Employee Performance Evaluations
- Form II Record of Reprimand
- City Hall will be closed October 9th for Training
- East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Emery
- Fast Attack Truck
- Joint Powers Agreement
- Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Resolution 16-2014 Accepting Donations
- Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Open Sundays for Vikings Games
- Adding another line for Credit Cards
- Parks – Trygve Karl
- Amend Ordinance 101 Section CAMPGROUND RENTAL
- Resolution 14-2014 Summary Submit
- Replacing all wood walk ways with concrete
- Explore option of building an office
- Now Accepting Application for Park Manager applications close December 15th 2014
- Public Works Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Ritters & Ritters did annual cleaning and video taping of sewer lines.
- The week of October 13th we will be flushing Hydrants.
- New Business
- Sandy Andress – Advertising
- Brauhaus would like to borrow picnic tables again September 17th to 21st.
AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
August 18th 2014 @ 6:30pm
The Akeley City Council met in a Work Session Monday August 18th 2014. Mayor Trygve Karl called the meeting to order at 6:30pm.
Council Members Present: Trygve Karl, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Emery, & Brian Hitchcock.
Council Members Absent:
Employees Present: Lacey Hitchcock, Kelly VandenEykel, Jimmy Hansen & Sebrina Hegg.
- Wages – discussed start points and maximum % increases for department heads and part-time employees. Discussed increasing police chief to 32 hours a week giving him full time status with benefits. Based on the discussion of implementing start wages and % increases to bring the department heads to the wages they would be at for years of service. Discussed how to offset the budgeted wage increases on the final levy.
Compensation Policy – Recommendation to approve new compensation policy at the Regular Council Meeting September 10th 2014.
Performance Evaluation – Discussed doing quarterly evaluations compared to just annual to better documentation to justify pay increases.
- Budget- Potential overall levy increase of $5,863.50.
Manager Coverage for Maternity Leave – Discussed who would cover as temporary manager for Maternity leave and how to compensate on the temporary position. Lacey has recommended Mike Lenander and to find out how to do the wages from the LMC.
Bar Tab Policy – No discussion.
Motion by Dan Riggs seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to Adjourn at 7:48pm
City of Akeley
MINUTES OF THE AKELEY CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
HELD AT AKELEY CITY HALL 6:00PM, AUGUST 13TH, 2014
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, August 13th, 2014. Acting Mayor Trygve Karl called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Acting Mayor Trygve Karl, Dan Riggs, Bobbie Emery & Brian Hitchcock.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
Consent Agenda: Approved
Motion made by Dan Riggs, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to approve the consent agenda.
City Hall – Sebrina Hegg
- Received resignation of Mayor Jerry Tatro effective July 28th 2014. Motion to accept by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed.
- Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed for Resolution 10-2014 Declaring a Vacancy.
- Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to appoint Trygve Karl as Acting Mayor for the rest of the year. Accepted by Trygve Karl.
- Sebrina will draw up Resolution 12-2014 Declaring a Vacancy on the council. An ad will go in the paper for two weeks to attempt to fill the vacancy. Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed.
- Hired Sally Watson as part time Deputy Clerk.
- Received two propane quotes. After discussion & input from attending audience, decision was made to accept LAC bid of $1.72. Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed.
- Public hearing on agenda for September 10th City Council regarding Amendment Housing Ordinance #102 Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed.
- No action on Resolution 11-2014, Summary Submit Ordinance #102 at this time.
East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Emery
- Bobbie invited Jacob E. as a representative of EHCFD to speak to the council about the use and need for a new truck and the loan proposal. Motion by Brain Hitchcock, seconded by Dan Riggs, opposed by Bobbie Emery and passed to table until September 10th regular meeting.
Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Presented the council with a quote for a Thermal Imaging Device. Requested to use $2,000.00 of forfeiture funds and raise the rest (up to $2,000.00) through the community. Motion by Trygve Karl, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed.
- National Night Out was a success with lots of activities for the youth. He thanked all who helped.
Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Lacey informed the council that the ice machine is fixed.
- Requested $500.00 to have a band either August 30th or September 6th depending on availability. Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed for spending up to $500.00.
- Bar tab/line of credit policy. Needs some wording changes and City Attorney to review it. Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to table until September 10th regular meeting.
Parks – Trygve Karl
- Park Manager Greg Everett resigned effective July 31st 2014. Leonard Dewitt and Dottie Lanning have signed a contract to finish out the season.
- Need a work session to discuss how to proceed for next year and to make changes to the Park and Campground Manager contract. Work session scheduled for September 9th at 6:30pm.
- There have been a lot of positive comments from campers recently.
- Kelly brought up the need for a handicap accessible sidewalk at the new showers; he has two bids for the work. Motion by Bobbie Emery, seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed to take the lowest bid.
- Discussed cleaning museum bathrooms and possible people to do so.
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- A recommendation from Ehlers for the Water Fund was presented to the council. Council would like someone from Elhers to come explain their recommendations. Motion by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to table until next regular meeting.
- Still some unpaid bills from winter line freeze. Motion by Bobbie Emery, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to take no action.
- Handicap accessible sidewalk in front of city Hall is completed.
- Lines have been painted on the street. Directional lines still need to be done. Hopefully this fall.
- Peg Davies expressed appreciation for repairs being done to Paul Bunyan Statue by PB days.
- Passed on a suggestion to install two vending machines at the campground.
- The Chamber asked if Kelly would power wash or sweep the patio periodically.
- The sign on the entrance to the museum bathrooms needs to be larger.
- Peg is looking for someone from the council to drive the trail link project between the Heartland Trail and Akeley. Passed on information about possible funding for a student to assist in planning the linking trail. She will take care of the application process.
- Ardelle McAlpine addressed the council and expressed her disappointment with how her flooding issue was handled. She wants an apology and compensation for her time and labor. She was instructed to contact the City’s insurance company.
Motioned by Bobbie Emery, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to adjourn at 8:12pm.
Respectfully submitted by:
City of Akeley
7.2014 CASH BALANCE STATEMENT
7.2014 CASH CONTROL STATEMENT
7.14 claims history
7.14 disbursement list
7.2014 IFR-MONTHLY ALL
7.2014 OUT STANDING CHECKS-DEPOSITS
7.14 receipts list
7.14 Schedule 1
7.2014 SCHEDULE 1
7.2014 SCHEDULE 2
7.2014 SCHEDULE 4
7.2014 SCHEDULE 5