Cash Balance Statement
IFR Monthly Analysis- ALL
Out Standing Checks and Deposits
Schedule 2 Statements of Receipts and Disbursements -ALL
Schedule 4 ALL
AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MEETING Agenda
FEBRUARY 12TH, 2014
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from January 8th 2014 Regular Meeting
- No Minutes from January 8th Public Hearing. There were no comments.
- Minutes from January 19th Work Session
- Treasurer’s Report
Total Disbursements $115,306.23 including all automatic payments
Check numbers #11775 to #
Total Receipts $63,987.98 including all automatic deposits
Voided Checks #11843
Claims List of Approval
- January Building Permits Issued – 0
- City Hall – Sebrina Hegg
- Public Hearing – Heidi Pepper
- Forfeited Land
- Hubbard County SSTS
- Ordinance 101 Fee Schedule Amendment 1-2014 page 4 §41
- Ordinance 110 Amendment 1-2014
- Resolution 5-2014 summary submit
- Itasca Bonding Request
- Hubbard County Press Releases
- East Hubbard County Fire District – Bobbie Emery
- Police Department - Jimmy Hansen
- Liquor Store - Lacey Hitchcock
- Request to Purchase a Laptop, Software & Printer
- Park Flyers
- Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report – Kelly VandenEykel
- Well Head Protection Planning
- Freezing Water Lines
- New Computer
AKELEY CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
FEBRUARY 12TH, 2014
6:00 PM AKELEY CITY HALL
The Akeley City Council met in a regular meeting Wednesday, February 12th, 2014. Mayor Jerry Tatro called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Council members present: Mayor Jerry Tatro, Trygve Karl, Dan Riggs, Brian Hitchcock & Bobbie Emery.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited by the Council and attending audience.
Consent Agenda: Approved
Motion made by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to approve the consent agenda.
January 8th Regular Meeting Minutes
January 19thth, 2014 Work Session Minutes
February 2014 Treasurer’s Report
Total Disbursements $115,306.23 including all automatic payments.
Check Numbers #11775 to #11854
Total Receipts $63,987.98
Voided Checks: #11843
Claims list of Approval
January 2014 Building Permits ~ None issued.
City Hall: Sebrina Hegg
- Public Hearing – Heidi Peper of SEH ~ Heidi informed the public that in December 2013 Akeley received notice that our city has been invited to enter a final application for the Small Cities Development Program grant funds, applications due in February of 2014. Grant awards will be announced in May or June of 2014, and the program should begin sometime in July.
- A motion was made by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to approve Resolution 8-2014, a “SMALL CITIES DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM APPLICATION RESOLUTION”.
- Motion made by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to approve the sale and classification of PIN 29.37.12800 AKC Townsite of Akeley Section5 Block12 as certified by the Hubbard County board of Classification.
- Hubbard County SSTS ~ Motion made by Dan Riggs, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to adopt the Hubbard County Subsurface Sewage Treatment System Ordinance No. 41.
- Ordinance 101 Fee Schedule Amendment 1-2014 page 4 §41 ~ A motion was made by Jerry Tatro, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to table for further review.
- Ordinance 110 Amendment 1-2014 ~ Motion made by Jerry Tatro seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed to table for further review.
- Resolution 5-2014 summary submit ~ motion made by Trygve Karl seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed to table for further review.
- Itasca Bonding Request ~
- Resolution 6-2014 ~ Motion made by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to approve Resolution 6-2014 “ A RESOLUTION OF SUPPORT FOR THE HEARTLAND STATE TRAIL EXTENSION TO ITASCA STATE PARK”.
- AIS ~ Julie Kingsley was here to talk about what would be happening with the Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Program (AIS) in Hubbard County this year, and ask for a contribution from the City of Akeley.
- Resolution 7-2014 ~ Motion made by Trygve Karl, seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed to approve Resolution 7-2014 “RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE CITY OF AKELEY TO CONTRIBUTE FUNDS TO THE HUBBARD COUNTY SWCD AQUATIC INVASIVE SPECIES (AIS) PREVENTION PROGRAM “ with a contribution in the amount of $750.00 for the 2014 year.
- Hubbard County Press Releases ~
- M.S. §297.993 Greater MN Transportation Sales & Use tax – The Minnesota State Legislature has recently enacted legislation to provide counties with ways to supplement funding for Hubbard County local roads (number 80-130). The Hubbard County Board of commissioners is exploring the possibility
of approving up to ½ a percent Transportation Sales & Use Tax. A Public Hearing to discuss the option is scheduled for February 18th, 2014 at the LEC Meeting Room (B-109) beginning at 12:30 pm in Park Rapids, and will be continued at the Lake George Town Hall beginning at 7:00pm.
- Hubbard County Launching New Web Mapping Application – Hubbard County will upgrade to a new version of its interactive map application the week of February 24th, 2014. WebFusion, the current map application, will be retired and replaced with a new version called LINK. LINK retains WebFusion’s features, provides new, additional tools along with a more user-friendly design, and has a helpful built in user guide. New online video tutorials demonstrating specific LINK Functions will be available soon. LINK can be accessed from the county website: www.co.hubbard.mn.us.
EHCFD: Bobbie Emery
Bobbie informed the Council that they are looking at specs for a brush rig, for use at small fires.
Police Report: Jimmy Hansen
Chief Hansen stated it had been a busy month in January.
He’ll be attending the annual Chief’s training in Rochester coming up March 31st through April 2nd. A Motion was made by Jerry Tatro, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed to approve a transfer of funds from P.D. to petty cash for the purposes of room reservations.
Liquor Store Report: Lacey Hitchcock
Lacey stated monthly profits for the Liquor Store in January were $8153.64. The Superbowl day went well and brought in some customers. She is hearing good things about the Akeley Ice Races and has noted an increase in business on days there are races as well as on meeting dates.
Parks/Campground: Trygve Karl
- Reservation Program ~ Trygve said the new online reservation program is up and running well with numerous reservations to date.
- Paul Bunyan Days Weekend ~ Trrygve asked about adding the dates of Paul Bunyan Days in Akeley into the listing of “Holiday Rate” days where campers would be charged the additional $5.00 per day with a 3 day minimum rental. Motion made by Trygve Karl, seconded by Dan Riggs and passed for approval. Brian Hitchcock was opposed.
- Request to purchase laptop, Software & Printer ~ After a request by Trygve to purchase a computer, software and printer for the campground manager’s use, there was much discussion over the fact the maintenance, P.D., and Liquor Store are also in need, and that there are benefits price-wise to purchasing in multiples. Price quotes and specs will be looked into. Motion made by Brian Hitchcock, seconded by Trygve Karl and passed to rescind previous motion for the purchase of a laptop for the Liquor Store.
- Park flyers ~ Flyers are completed and looking nice, complete with new map and a QR Code you can scan that brings you to the Akeley website.
Trygve gave compliments to Sebrina for the good work she’s been putting in on setting things up for the campground. He also said that the Destinations Guide had been updated, there would now be a website link between the Akeley Chamber of Commerce site and the Akeley Campground site, and he is in the final stages of purchasing and setting up a tag system for tracking vehicles in the campground.
Water/Sewer/Maintenance Report: Kelly VandenEykel
- MDH Wellhead Protection Planning ~ the Minnesota department of Health has notified the City that it requires us to prepare and submit a Wellhead Protection Plan for our wells. Our public water supply system is being phased into Minnesota’s WHP program based on the department’s workplan. On a motion by Jerry Tatro, seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed the Council appointed Kelly VandenEykel, Sebrina Hegg, and Dan Riggs to a team representing the City of Akeley. The first meeting for the team will be March 25th, 2014 at City Hall.
- Freeze ups ~ Motion made by Dan Riggs, seconded by Brian Hitchcock and passed to approve the Clerk Treasurer for adjustments to resident’s water bills, set them to base rate or an average of previous usage.
If possible residents should monitor the temp of their water and if it runs below 34 degrees it is recommended you run your water in a stream about the size of a pencil to prevent freeze ups. Also please call City Hall at 652-2465 to notify the clerk. As temps warm up the frost will sink deeper into the ground.
Old Business: none
New Business/public forum:
- Sandy Andress of The Akeley Chamber of Commerce announced the Chamber’s Annual Fish Fry, March 14th from 4:00-7:00pm at the VFW. Proceeds go to community works projects such as painting picinic tables, etc…anyone wishing to volunteer, help is always appreciated. The Chamber has been awarded a grant opportunity of $4000.00 through the Tourism assessment Program (TAP) that must be used on a sustainable project. The Chamber would like to partner with other city entities to put together a project that would provide much needed renovations at our Paul’s Patio restrooms. Since the project does need to be sustainable they proposed the idea of placing a billboard map on the Heartland Trail side of the building and allowing local businesses to purchase a dot on the map for an annual fee that would contribute to the upkeep of the restrooms. Sandy did also ask for the Council’s permission to place this form of advertisement on a piece of city property, Council declined saying they would like to hear more detailed planning first.
Motion by Dan Riggs, seconded by Bobbie Emery and passed to close the meeting at 7:14 pm pursuant to Statute §13D.05 subdivision3c for the purpose of discussing the purchase of property.
Respectfully Submitted by:
City of Akeley